31 simple ideas for a happier life!
SELF-CARE…it’s been all over my Pinterest feed and on Instagram as the new year started. At first, I thought self-care was just pampering yourself with beauty products and using it as a hashtag to look cool. I got curious and decided to research more into self-care and what it meant.
What Self-Care IS NOT
Despite all the lovely #selfcare photos on Instagram, it is not just about pampering yourself or taking selfies at the gym.
Here are a few more examples of what doesn’t count:
- Consistently staying inside in your pajamas binge-watching Netflix and eating junk food because you had a bad day.
- Eating one healthy meal and then eating junk the rest of the week and saying you practiced self-care. Self-care isn’t a one-time thing.
- Retail therapy because you had a bad day and blew hundreds of dollars on clothing you really don’t need.
What IS Self Care
Self-care is balancing and maintaining your physical, emotional, mental, spiritual, and social health. It’s about making your life happy, balanced and preserving your well-being.
- Creating boundaries for yourself and saying no to things that do not bring health and happiness to your life.
- Eating a healthy diet and spending a few hours a week meal prepping healthy meals.
- Getting 7-8 hours of sleep at night consistently.
- Treating yourself every now and then to a tasty dessert with friends.
What Self-Care Means To Me
After processing all of this information on self-care, I decided I didn’t have enough of it in my life.
When I sat down to create my goals for 2020 I made self-care a goal. I made a list of ideas that appealed to me. Then I incorporated them into my daily routines and scheduled time to do things for myself.
Two months into 2020 and focusing on my goal, I have significantly increased time for my well-being, feel less stressed and overall happier.
Self-Care Idea List
As I mentioned previously, self-care isn’t a one and done thing. It should be consistent and part of your lifestyle for it to be effective. All of these ideas can be added to your daily routine to create healthy habits.
- Have a Spa Night
- Order Take Out and Watch Your Favorite Movie or TV Show
- Do Meditation
- Do Yoga
- Drink a Cup of Herbal Tea
- Go for a Walk
- Touch Base with your Goals and Planner
- Take Yourself on a Date
- Catch Up with a Friend
- Bake or Cook
- Get in the Woods
- Unplug from the Internet, Your Phone and Social Media
- Organize Something
- Work Out
- Listen to Music
- Drink Water
- Positive Affirmations
- Get Creative (color, draw, doodle, paint, etc)
- Buy Yourself Some Flowers or a Houseplant
- Take a Break/Time Off
- Light a Candle
- Diffuse Essential Oils
- Create AM & PM Routines
- Learn Something New
- Eat healthy foods
- Call a Family Member
What are your favorite ways to practice self-care? Are there any that didn’t make my list? Let me know in the comment sections below.
IF YOU ENJOYED THIS POST DONT FORGET TO SHARE!!